Over 50 Years Combined Experience Replacing Missing Teeth
Family • Cosmetic • Periodontal
Dental Implants are a great advancement in dentistry as they permanently replace missing teeth in a way that no previous dental technique was able to accomplish. Implants are anchors made out of the strongest titanium materials, that are implanted into the bone and then covered with a cap or denture. They are stronger than a natural root and will never require a root canal or filling. An implant will help maintain the health and shape of the bone in the jaw area, and neighboring teeth do not need to be filed down to make room for it. It is imperative that the dentist performing the implant be experienced and skilled in all the proper techniques of implant dentistry. When done successfully, an implant will result in a comfortable and natural looking tooth, thereby providing a permanent solution to a missing tooth.
Poorly fitting dentures may slide and can make chewing difficult or cause you to muffle or slur your words. Dental implants hold your denture firmly in place and allow you to eliminate the need for messy adhesives. Because they function like your own teeth, you can eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
In most cases, anyone who is healthy enough to undergo a routine dental extraction or oral surgery can be considered for an implant. Patients should have healthy gums and enough bone to hold the implant. They also must be committed to good oral hygiene and regular dental visits. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
Get your smile back! Call our office today for more information on dental implants or to make an appointment for a FREE Consultation.
There are many advantages of dental implants, including:
- Improved Appearance Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved Oral Health Dental Implants don’t require reducing other teeth as a tooth-support bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your teeth are left in tact, improving long term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between the teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care they could last a life time.
Implant Support Dentures with:
- IMPROVED SPEECH With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- IMPROVED COMFORT Because they become a part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- EASIER EATING Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental Implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- CONVENIENCE Removable dentures are just that; removable. Implant support dentures eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep to them in place.
Call now for an appointment. We are located in Philadelphia County. Conveniently near Chestnut Hill, Bala Cynwyd, Roxborough and West Mt. Airy. Directly off Lincoln Dr.